PUBLIC NOTICE ON THE SELECTION PROCEDURE FOR THE APPONTIMENT OF AN EXTERNAL MEMBER OF THE SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNICAL BOARD.
Riferimento Bando: PUBLIC NOTICE ON THE SELECTION PROCEDURE FOR THE APPONTIMENT OF AN EXTERNAL MEMBER OF THE SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNICAL BOARD.
- PUBLIC NOTICE ON THE SELECTION PROCEDURE FOR THE APPONTIMENT OF AN EXTERNAL MEMBER OF THE SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNICAL BOARD
- APPLICATION FOR THE SELECTION PROCEDURE FOR THE APPONTIMENT OF AN EXTERNAL MEMBER OF THE SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNICAL BOARD (form)
- SELECTION PROCEDURE FOR THE APPONTIMENT OF AN EXTERNAL MEMBER OF THE SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNICAL BOARD. LEGAL BINDING STATEMENT OF CERTIFICATION/SWORN DECLARATION UNDER ARTICLE 47 OF THE PRESIDENTIAL DECREE NO. 445/2000. (form)
- EXTENSION OF THE DEADLINE FOR THE SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
Graduatoria di merito
Kindly be informed that Board of Directors of Area di Ricerca Scientifica e tecnologica di Trieste – Area Science Park with Resolution of 31 July 2018, n. 71, has appointed the following candidates as External Members of the Organization’s Scientific and Technical Board:
Area di Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica di Trieste – Area Science Park, a public research body, is announcing a selection procedure for the appointment of an external member of its Scientific and Technical Board.
The Scientific and Technical Board includes seven members, appointed by the Board of Directors of Area Science Park, i.e. two internal members and five external members. The two internal members are elected. Researchers and technical experts, either with long-term or short-term employment contracts at the time of the election, are entitled to vote. External members are selected with a public procedure and appointed within a roster of Italian and foreign leading entrepreneurs, managers, professionals, scientists and scholars (article 2, clauses 1, 2 and 3 of the Charter).
The Scientific and Technical Board has an advisory role on the organisation strategies. The Scientific and Technical Board drafts proposals and advice on the planning and strategic vision and on actions aimed at adding a European and international value to research and entrepreneurship on the basis of technology transfer and managing methods, international scientific and technical cooperation, cooperation with public and private organisations on research, technology transfer and support to technology and organisation innovation to business and productive industries, training on enterprise development and research and innovation management, promotion of networks of science and business excellence (article 21 clause 1 of the Charter). The Scientific and Technical Board shall: a) submit its scientific and technical advice to the Board of Directors on the draft three-year plan, its updates and the ten-year strategic vision report; b) submit its scientific and technical advice to the Board of Directors on the areas and industries that may be identified for scientific and technology research in line with institutional objectives and strategies of the organisation as well as on the identification of internal assessment criteria on research; c) play an advisory role upon request of the Board of Directors, which shall set the deadlines for the advice, after such deadline the Board of Directors may take its decisions irrespective of such advice; d) identify any research evolution lines and the relevant impact on economic and industrial sectors; d) submit an annual report to the Board of Directors on its activities; f) play any other role as specified in any applicable regulations, the Charter and regulations (article 21 clause 2 of the Charter).
In line with the appointment, members are required to be at the headquarters of the organisation, in Trieste, Padriciano no. 99, on a non-regular basis, save as the opportunity to attend meeting in video-conference in line with the rules that shall be specified in the working regulations of the organisation.
Requirements and assessment of applications
Applicants may submit their applications provided they comply with the requirements on professional skills and experience resulting from scientific or managerial positions in at least two of the following professional areas:
- Scientific or industrial research;
- Management of technology or organisation or process innovation;
- Protection of intellectual property rights;
- Assessment and methods to add valued to scientific findings;
- Technology transfer management;
- Creation of international cooperation networks on research and innovation.
A committee of experts shall assess applications; this committee shall be appointed by the Board of Directors upon proposal of the Chairman who shall call its meetings and chair it. The committee includes the directors, the general manager and other internal or external expert members on the above areas and it shall assess eligibility of scientific or professional profiles as described in this notice.
Application, documents and deadline
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- Application, duty-exempt, signed by the applicant in line with the form in annex 1;
- CV, in EU format, dated and signed;
- A description report on scientific or professional requirements, with evidence of experience in the professional areas listed in article 2 of this notice, specifying the duration of any relevant scientific or managerial positions in such areas;
- Statement on non-impediments, conflict of interests, ineligibility and no-authorisation for the appointment, in line with the form in annex 2.
The application, with any required documents, may be:
- delivered directly or sent by registered mail with receipt of return or by courier, it must be signed in its original copy, it must be sealed in an envelope with the phrase: “Application for the selection procedure on the appointment of an external member of the Scientific and Technical Board of Area Science Park”/ “Domanda di partecipazione alla procedura di selezione per il conferimento dell’incarico di componente esterno del Consiglio tecnico-scientifico di Area Science Park” to the following address:
Area di Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica di Trieste – Area Science Park
Padriciano, 99 – 34149 – TRIESTE – Italy.
Applications may be delivered directly at Uffico Protocollo, Area Science Park, Padriciano 99, Palazzina C1.
The office is open from 8:30 to 12:30, Monday to Friday, and from 14:00 to 16:30 on Tuesday and Thursday.
Applications must be delivered to the Ufficio Protocollo of Area Science Park by 6th June 2018; failing that, applications shall be excluded from the selection procedure.
Applications are deemed received in time on condition that they are:
- delivered by hand to the Ufficio Protocollo of Area Science Park or sent by registered mail with return receipt (to this end, the evidence is the stamp and the date of the Post Office), or by courier by the above deadline;
sent by equivalent IT means (personal certified e-mail) to: email@example.com