Pro-Ukraine initiative. Public Notice of call for expressions of interest for two 12-month training/research grants published by Area Science Park
Scadenza: 19/06/2022 Ore: 23:59:59
Riferimento Bando: Pro-Ukraine initiative
Area Science Park is a national research institution founded in 1978 under the aegis of the Italian Ministry for Universities and Research (MUR). The institution’s main lines of work are: managing a scientific and technological hub in Trieste, generating business, developing research infrastructure, researching genomics and data science, harnessing scientific results and supporting business. The Area Science Park network provides high-level scientific and technological infrastructure for use by the national science and production industry: from the Elettra Sincrotrone light machine and the Genomics and Epigenomics Laboratory – facilities dedicated to analysing DNA and RNA sequences and genotyping – to the new Orfeo Data Center, providing advanced computing and data analysis services. Area Science Park also works on national and international projects harnessing scientific research and transferring technology to promote innovation. It coordinates the activities and partners in IP4FVG, Friuli Venezia Giulia’s digital innovation hub, and a candidate for becoming a European Digital Innovation Hub.
Area Science Park, as a research institution under the aegis of the MUR, is willing to provide concrete help to residents or persons domiciled in Ukraine before 24 February 2022 by providing two training/research grants with a focus on research in specific areas of work identified by the institution (please see the “Areas of work related to the institution’s activities” section for details).
Training and research will be carried out on-site at Area Science Park.
Requirements for responding to the call for expressions of interest
- Be a resident or domiciled in Ukraine before 24 February 2022
- Be 18 years of age or older on the date of sending the expression of interest
- Be B2 level or above in one of the following two languages: Italian or English
Areas of work related to the institution’s activities
Genomics and data management
- Scientific data management and Fair-by-Design approaches to genomic data science
- Data engineering approaches for automating genomic pipelines
Digitalisation and artificial intelligence
- Development of virtual-reality-application use cases and 3D modelling for remote navigation of technological facilities and buildings
- Development of a virtual collaborative environment based on spatial platforms for remote training and demonstration activities
Mobility, sustainability and business innovation
- Industrial symbiosis
- Smart, sustainable mobility
- Analysis and definition of a business-creation and acceleration model
How to submit an expression of interest
Fill in the following form and send it together with a signed CV no later than the deadline of June 19th 2022, 11.59 pm.
For more information, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org